Pidula Hall and the recently restored Administrator's Lodge (Herberge, 1858) are surrounded by a ten-acre (5 ha) park, created in the 1850s as an arboretum. The most imposing rare tree still standing in the park is the thirteen-stemmed Great Lime (die Grosse Linde, tilea europea) It was planted 150 years ago by Richard von Toll. Actually, only twelve stems remain now, as a rotten branch was removed by Heiki Hanso, Estonia's preeminent arborist, a few years ago.
Heiki has trimmed a number of other valuable trees, so as to improve their health and extend their lifetime. A comprehensive Park Development Plan has just been completed by Kersti Lootus, Estonia's most famous park architect. Details of the Park Plan will be made available on this website soon, and further work in the park will be followed and reported.
Pidula Park is protected in accordance with the Estonian Nature Conservation Act. Currently, it is a natural park, but the Park Plan foresees the restoration of many paths, installation of illumination and other improvements.
Every May, the park is awash with the blue, white and yellow blossoms of wild anemone.